Friday, May 30, 2008

Rent A Evening Gown In Ny

The Girls, Buddha and the Plastic Couch



The girls are gone now but we had a pretty agitated couple of weeks together. They came and visited us from Germany.. our bestest friends ever... Silke "the red Hawk" AKA Ramona Fox and the ever so dangerous Simone "tight panty" Armoire.. no explanation needed.


We travelled quite a lot togehter throughout Korea.. Darling man, the Girls, Brady the dog and of course yours truly - me.

I could probably write a short novel telling you the stories and all our adventures but I'll start with telling you one.

We took the car to the southern part of the peninsula, about 4,5 hrs away from Seoul. Gyeongju is a beautiful place, or at least it could be If it weren't for the city itself. Like the most of Korea, Gyeongju is no exception, it is full of postwar, quickly and badly built buildings, quiche french style, yet "oh so not french" cafes but remains, nonetheless one of the best destinations in Korea to do tourism due to it's historical past.

Don't get me wrong I mean it's not that I expect everything to be beautiful there are beautiful places in Korea it's just, I haven't been there yet nor have I been anywhere where the people try so hard to make something that could be so beautiful, so gorgeous look like a garbage dump, and then be proud about it. And to my dismay it's been like that everywhere I've been to here so far.

Anyway, we got to THE place to be in Gyeongju: the Temple site. We got there and saw some temples... some Buddha statues... some buildings... When we were out we almost simultaneously said, "Seen one temple, seen them all.." Ok, sarcasm aside it was nice. Great Buddha paintings statues, temples and all.

Anyway, we were staying at a "Ritzy" resort at the border of a lake surrounded by nature, hills, lakes, the historical sites of the ancient Silla civilization... bla bla bla...

After we smuggled Brady the dog in and walked into the Suite... our jaws just dropped to the ground
 at the sight of the mosquito infested room adorned with, I dare say an artistic looking green plastic couch accompanied by a beige plastic pillow. By artistic I mean along the lines of  Joseph Beuys  and company..

Loved every minute of it. Would do it again on stilts.

Miss you guys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment